Friday, June 30, 2006

Teaching practicum, day fourteen.

So practicum draws to a close and, well, I'm a little sad about that. I'm not sure if it's the same for anyone else, but it's been a moving experience for me. And I don't know, maybe I've gotten a little too emotionally involved in it all, but I just don't see how one can't be. The last three weeks have been so mentally and emotionally draining. Teaching as I experienced it might not involve all that much physical exertion, but when I get home I'm ready to crash.

I think first prac has got to be one of the most momentous events for teachers. The staff at school I've spoke with over the last three weeks all seem remember their first professional experience with a bit of nostalgia and warmth. It's been hard and at times I'd wondered about whether I really wanted to become a teacher or not, but you know what? I loved it.

There were ups, there were downs. There were ups and downs simultaneously. It was crazy. But the kids were great. Except for year eight. They're idiots.


Listening to:
Title: Catch Me Up
Artist: Gomez
Album/station: Split The Difference (2005)
Length: 3.47