Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hammering in the tent pegs.

I'm looking forward to uni starting up again. It'll bring some semblance of order back to my day-to-day life. It's just, you know, at the moment things are just so unpredictable. Work rosters me on seemingly random shifts, and often I'm not even sure which roof I'll be sleeping under of a night. I'm sort of floating around without the comfort of routine and, well, I'm feeling a little dislocated. Short of calling myself homeless (which would be stretching it a bit), at the moment I don't feel like I have a home. Just houses I regularly sleep in. The nomadic existence I've been living for the last few months is starting to wear thin, and I just want to stay put in one place for a while.

Ultimately, I'd like to live somewhere on my own terms, at a place I can call my own. A place I enjoy going home to every night. And a place free of the suffocating relationship I have with both my parents. Oh gosh, my parents. I get the feeling that they only have token faith in my abilities as a functioning human being and refuse to give me room to grow, as it were. Of course, I don't have the means for leaving them at the moment and I'm somewhat dependent on them too, so I guess I should stop my whinging.


Listening to:
Title: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Artist: Judy Garland
Album/station: On Radio 1936-1944, Vol 1: All The Things You Are (1993)
Length: 2.50